IgnusERG is a group of professionals working to improve the quality of education at pre-school, elementary and secondary levels. Most of us have been active in the field from 1980s. Over the years we found ourselves working together on different projects and programmes in India and elsewhere. As the frequency of this grew, we slowly evolved into a formal group. The word ‘Ignus‘ is derived from ‘igneous’ and the Sanskrit ‘aagneya’ (formed by fire) and ‘ignite’ – to reflect our focus on addressing inequalities in society and the difficulties this presents (ERG = Educational Resource Guild). We believe we are not doing charity or ‘good to the world’ – instead we see ourselves as committed professionals investing our lives in social change processes.
Group Ignus constitutes of –
- IgnusERG – an education consultancy company
- Ignus Pahal – a non-profit NGO
- Manan Books – a low-cost publishing company
At Ignus Academy, we run courses for everyone involved in education. Our courses include –
- महामारी के दौरान बच्चों को कैसे पढ़ाएँ? / Teaching during the pandemic: A four-module course on teaching during the pandemic (Available for FREE)
- उत्तर प्रदेश स्टेट रिसोर्स ग्रुप के व्यवसायिक विकास के लिए कोर्स / Course for professional development of UP SRG: A three-module course run in collaboration with Department of Education, Uttar Pradesh and UNICEF
- COMING SOON: Courses on Experiential Learning, Teacher Effectiveness, Foundational Learning and more.
Under Manan Books, we publish learning magazines and children’s books. Some of our publications include –
- Chahak: A foundational learning magazine (ages 6-10)
- Mitwa: A learning magazine for ages (10-14)
- Urja Series: A set of story books around the theme of environment protection and renewable energy
- Chanda aur Machhli: A Norwegian story book translated into Hindi